June 3, 2020
Clackamas Middle College (CMC) Graduates and Families,
I want to extend a huge thank you to CMC Staff and Graduates and their families for participating in the Support! Phase by picking up graduate care packages. It was great to see so many graduates and their families. As we move toward the end of the school year, please read this communication regarding the next phase of our: Operation: Support, Recognize, and Celebrate the Class of 2020! The Recognize Phase of our ceremony will be on Wednesday, June 10th at 20:20 (8:20pm).
CMC Staff have been actively planning for the visual recognition of our graduates’ hard work and accomplishments. They deserve this honor! On Wednesday, June 10th at 20:20 (8:20pm), a recognition video ceremony will be streamed on the Clackamas Middle College website. We encourage families to take this special time to recognize graduates, and we encourage virtual watch parties to honor and celebrate our graduates. The recognition video will include the following:
- Introduction to the Class of 2020
- Virtual Processional
- Speeches from Staff and Graduates
- Performances by Graduates
- Slides and Quotes from Graduates
- Tassel Flip
- Class of 2020 Virtual Recessional
After the viewing the Recognize Phase on Wednesday, June 10th, it is necessary to complete the final phase of our ceremony for the Class of 2020. This is the Celebrate! Phase of Operation: Support, Recognize, and Celebrate the Class of 2020!
The Celebrate! Phase will take place on Friday, June 12th, from 10am-6pm in the Harmony Campus Parking Lot (see map attached). CMC Staff have organized an opportunity for graduates to pick up year-end awards, celebrate their accomplishments with family and staff, and take part in a graduate photo opportunity. To ensure ultimate safety, CMC will be honoring physical distancing guidelines during this event. All staff will be wearing masks, gloves, and cleaning every surface to ensure the safety of our students and families. Graduates will be able to pick up the following:
- Biliteracy Seal Certificates
- Personalized Word Cloud from CMC Staff
- Family and Staff Celebration of Graduates
- Photo Opportunity with Cap, Gown, and Diploma (optional for each graduate)
Participation during the Celebrate Phase is encouraged by all graduates and their families, so that together, we can ensure that we are fully celebrating our graduates during these difficult times.
In order to make this event a success, please follow the following guidelines for this Celebrate! Phase:
- Who: Clackamas Middle College Staff, Graduates, and Families
- What: Celebration for Graduates
- When: Friday, June 12th from 10am to 6pm
- 10-11pm- Last Names- A-C
- 11-12pm- Last Name- D-F
- 12-1pm- Last Names- G-I
- 2-3pm- Last Names- J-L
- 3-4pm- Last Names - M-P
- 4-5pm- Last Names- R-S
- 5-6pm- Last Names- T-Z
- Where: Harmony Campus parking lot (see map attached)
- How: Share map with family/ 1 car per graduate/ Decorating car is highly encouraged/ Wear cap/gown/cord etc…
- Receive diploma via car-adhering to physical distancing guidelines (optional)
- Receive diploma via person- adhering to physical distancing guidelines (optional)
If you can’t make the proposed time slot, please communicate with your counselor, so that we can adjust our planning to ensure a smooth-running event.
As always, thank you for your understanding and flexibility during this time, and we look forward to celebrating a wonderful graduating class through Operation: Support, Recognize, and Celebrate the Class of 2020!
Take care and stay safe,
Brian Sien, Ed.D.
Clackamas Middle College