October 1, 2023
With the 2023-2024 school year underway, I want to take this opportunity to thank our students, parents and staff for all their help in getting the school year off to a successful start. We have a great group of new students! This year, we are working diligently to welcome and affirm each students that enroll at Clackamas Middle College (CMC). As we continue to build college and career awareness, we will use the shared values and beliefs of our community as a compass to keep us improving throughout the year. With this focus, our school year will be a success for the CMC community.
As we continue to remove barriers to student success and build leadership capacity, every student should feel valued, affirmed, respected, and supported academically, socially, and emotionally. To accomplish this goal for our school culture, we are looking to affirm each students’ identity at CMC through:Our College Readiness Symposiums each term ensures that each student can:
- Personalized learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
- Each student is known well by at least on adult in our building
- Affinity groups of students coming together who share something in common with each other
- Prioritize individual health and wellness throughout the year
- Build college and career awareness and how it connects to each educational plan, affirm personal identity at CMC, participate in fun activities to connect with others attending CMC.
To sum it up, College Readiness Symposiums will focus on:
- The why? What is the purpose and why each student chose CMC
- Affirming each students’ identity
- College readiness skills
- College and career awareness
- Health and wellness
- Improving our CMC community
- Enjoyable activities for our students
As always, we continue to use data collected throughout the year to help with comprehensive school improvement. We use this data to identify areas for improvement. Data drives our improvement at CMC, and every year we improve this practice to ultimately benefit our students, our staff, and our school.
Please look to our website and mailings for information regarding our calendar, activities, shuttles etc… We want to make sure you are aware of any announcements as they pertain to CMC and your child. We are very excited about this school year, and believe we can improve our educational system to provide our students with an innovative, unique, and quality education for preparation for life after high school.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Clackamas Middle College