- Kami Aguilar
- Spring 2019
- Pathways to College
This course is designed to enhance your experience in the Pathways Program. Through academic advisement, learning about resources at CCC and beyond, group discussion, and peer support you will be provided with a structured environment to assist you in making the transition to attending college at Clackamas Community College. You will be encouraged to use critical thinking skills to set goals and make responsible decisions regarding academics, career planning, and social relationships. The course will also explore the purpose of higher education and your role in the college environment.Important Links:Spring 2019 Class Dates:
- April 5th - No Class: Online Assignment
- April 12th
- April 19th
- April 26th - No Class: Symposium
- May 3rd - No Class: State Testing
- May 10th
- May 17th - No Class: State Testing
- May 24th - No Class: CMC Recognition Day
- May 31st
- June 7th
No upcoming assignments.
Part I – Resume (15 points)
Using the resume resources available on the class webpage, create your own resume or modify your already existing resume. Make sure to PROOFREAD!!! Google resume templates are recommended as a good starting point. Email me your completed as an attachment.
Part II – Informational Interview Write-Up (60 points)
In a Google Doc, complete a three-page paper (typed, double-spaced, 12 pt font, Times New Roman, share with me upon completion) that includes the following information:
- The name of the person you interviewed, their career field, their current position and employer.
- How you found the person you interviewed (i.e., family/friend connection, internet search, etc) Include contact information (phone number or email address)
- A summary of the questions you asked and the responses/information they provided to you.
- What did you learn about whether this career/occupation would be a match with your skills, interests, and personality style? What did you discover that you would need in order to be successful in this career/occupation/field? Any surprises?
- What else do you plan to do to find out about this occupation to further explore that it’s a fit for you? What other sources of information could you utilize to gather this information? Be specific!
- Review the HD-100 class syllabus (linked to class webpage). Highlight any questions you have regarding the expectations of the course.
- Watch this video: Informational Interviewing Video
- Read the attached article (attached below): Informational Interviewing - Get the Inside Scoop on Careers
- Complete the Informational Interviewing Worksheet (attached below). Bring it completed to class on Friday, April 12th.