April 12, 2021
Clackamas Middle College (CMC) Students and Parents,
The focus of this communication is to update families on our transition to hybrid learning for some of our families/students beginning on Monday, April 26th. In March, a survey was sent to families and students to choose which educational option is best for them. For those choosing to stay in Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL), their schedule will remain the same for the Spring Trimester.
For students in our college programs, online courses through CCC during the Spring Trimester will continue. Students can access their college schedule through their college account, or if they have any questions, they can contact their counselor for further guidance.
For those families choosing to shift to a hybrid model, beginning on April 26, 2021, CMC will begin providing hybrid (partially in-person/partially online) learning. The basic structure will find students participating in a combination of in-person instruction for half of the day, and online learning for the other half of the day four (4) days/week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday).
We will continue the same schedule as we have done throughout the year on Wednesdays. Students will report to their College Readiness Seminar Class (synchronous) from 10:15-11:15am, and if students need any extra support or guidance, Office Hours are open from 11:15-11:45am. The rest of the day on Wednesdays will be for applied learning, club activity, teacher planning, community check-ins, office hours, and Limited In-Person Instruction (LIPI) for selected students. Please read the following updated information pertaining to the hybrid model.
- Clackamas County must meet the Health Metrics of below 200 cases per 100,000 residents
- Hybrid classes will begin on Monday, April 26th
- Hybrid classes will begin at 12:45pm and end at 3:10pm
- Hybrid classes will be offered on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays
- Busing will be provided to students living in the North Clackamas School District (NCSD) boundary area (if you have questions about busing, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CMC will try to keep the 6 feet social distancing requirement when possible.
- Families may continue to receive weekly meal deliveries either by delivery or by pick up at select locations; more information about meals, please contact: email@example.com
- Students should bring their provided Chromebook, or their own computer device with them to school daily. Please make sure it is fully charged and bring the charger. Only a few devices will be available at school to loan each day.
- See schedule below…
If you haven’t had the opportunity to complete the Clackamas Middle College Family Survey-Education Models for Spring Term, please click on the link below at your convenience.
Families/students who have chosen either CDL or hybrid learning, will receive a separate communication next week confirming their choice for the Spring Trimester. These options reflect CMC’s thinking based on current conditions but could change if conditions warrant.
While CMC has implemented numerous health and safety protocols, the coronavirus continues to spread throughout our community. Our process will be updated as necessary to reflect the situation concerning the pandemic, and any changes and updates will be communicated to the CMC Community.
In the meantime, it remains extremely important for everyone in our school community to continue wearing face masks, maintain physical distance, and regularly wash hands. These practices will help limit the spread of the virus and help us keep our classrooms open to in-person learning.
We know this has been a stressful year full of changes and unforeseen disruptions. We appreciate everyone’s continued flexibility. Thank you for all you’ve done to curb the spread of COVID-19, and we look forward to welcoming students back in a few weeks!
Take care and stay safe.
Brian Sien, Ed. D.
Clackamas Middle College