1st Day of School for NEW CMC Students (College Prep Students) - CMC Experience Day Orientation - Letter Attached
- 1st Day of School for NEW CMC Students (College Prep Students) - CMC Experience Day Orientation - Letter Attached
August 23, 2023
Clackamas Middle College Community,
I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing summer. For those new to the Clackamas Middle College (CMC) Community: Welcome!
As we head into our 21st year, we look forward to working with all families to ensure our community is affirmed through our shared values and beliefs, and we are committed to building a culture of college readiness through belonging, peer collaboration and relationships. As we continue to celebrate our success over the past 20 years, we look to the future to take the lessons learned and apply them to our next 20 years.
To provide the most innovative and unique education to our students, there are a few things to remind you of as we move closer to the beginning of the school year. School will begin at 8:50am and classes will end at 2:50pm. Students who live within the North Clackamas School District boundary area will ride the bus from their boundary high schools. Contact your boundary high school (ANHS, CHS, MHS, RPHS) for specific bus stop locations and times.
The buses from these schools will leave for Clackamas Middle College at 8:35am. At the end of the day, classes at Clackamas Middle College will end at 2:50pm, so that students can get back to their boundary high school in time to catch their bus home at 3:10pm. Students who reside outside of the North Clackamas School District boundary area will have to arrange their own transportation to Clackamas Middle College.
Students new to Clackamas Middle College will begin school on Tuesday, September 5th. On this day, we want to show new students the Clackamas Middle College Experience. This day will consist of an orientation to our school and programs. New students will receive their schedule on this day. Lunch will also be provided for all students.
For all other students in our College Prep Program, school will begin on Wednesday, September 6th. Returning students will receive their schedule on this day. Students who are in our Pathways to College Program (PTC), or in our College Extended Options Program (CEO), will begin school with the college on Monday, September 25th. If, however, you are in these college programs, and are taking high school classes in our College Prep Program, you must check in with your counselor for class times during the week of September 5th, and they will give you your schedule. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
We really want your child to be happy and successful at Clackamas Middle College and believe that you play a key role. That role is to continually show interest in and support for your child. The child who knows that his or her family is interested in and supports the school program will almost always have fewer problems in school and will enjoy greater success.
Please share with your child’s teacher any information regarding any special needs that will help us better serve your family. We believe that communication among parents, students and teachers is critical in assuring student success.
Below is a reminder of some important information for your child to follow before coming to school:
- All students in our College Prep Program will receive their schedules during the week of September 5th
- The first day of school for students new to Clackamas Middle College is Tuesday, September 5th
- The first day of school for all other students in our College Prep Program is Wednesday, September 6th
- The first day of school for students who are in our Pathways to College (PTC) Program (Harmony Campus) and in our CEO Program (CCC Main Campus) is Monday, September 25th (Unless enrolled in high school classes in our College Prep Program)
- Classes will run daily from 8:50am-2:50pm
- Most students will be enrolled in a four to five period schedule
- Students are scheduled into classes based on high school and college need
- Student group and club time will be built into schedule
- A daily 45 min lunch break will be provided
- CMC will provide check-ins, community building, social-emotional well-being, opportunities for additional support, college and career guidance, and content area course work
- Daily guidance/support through CMC Counselors and School-Based Therapist
- Please make sure all immunizations are turned in and up-to-date
We are really excited for this upcoming school year. Throughout the years, we have worked hard to provide the most unique and student-driven education in the state of Oregon. We know that this will be another exciting and successful year for CMC because of our students, staff, parents and community.
As always, for information pertaining to specifics of school at Clackamas Middle College, look for weekly emails, letters, or postings on our website. Pertinent information will be updated daily.
Take care, stay safe, and enjoy the rest of your summer!
- Back to School Letter-23.pdf 491.20 KB