ATTN 11th Graders! Register for the PSAT on Oct. 11th - Sign up w/ Crystal & Pay $15.00 to Crystal - Register by Sept. 25th - Only 35 Tests Avail., First Come First Serve
- ATTN 11th Graders! Register for the PSAT on Oct. 11th - Sign up w/ Crystal & Pay $15.00 to Crystal - Register by Sept. 25th - Only 35 Tests Avail., First Come First Serve
Hello CMC 11th grade students,
Happy Wednesday! If you would like to take the PSAT this year, please thoroughly read the following and take the appropriate steps for registration.
Reasons for 11th Grade Students to take the PSAT:
- It is excellent practice for the SAT that 4-year college bound students are encouraged to take in the winter or spring term of their junior year.
- It is the only way to qualify as a National Merit Scholar.
The PSAT will take place on Wednesday, October 11th. Students must arrive at CMC no later than 8:50 am. Tests will begin promptly at 8:55 am. We have space for 35 11th graders to take the PSAT this year at CMC. Sign up for 11th grade students will be FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE! The registration deadline is Monday, September 25th.
Sign Up Steps:
1. There is a $15 registration fee to reserve your spot. Please pay Crystal directly in one of two ways:
- A check made out to "Clackamas Middle College"
- Exact cash of $15 (Crystal does not have change)
2. Once you have reserved your spot, you will receive information about online PSAT test prep from Collegeboard.
- We encourage you to spend some time preparing for the PSAT so you can refresh your memory on the test format as well as have test strategies fresh in your brain. In addition to the test prep booklet, Khan Academy is an online, FREE tool for PSAT and SAT Prep. Many of you already have a personalized test prep plan set up in Khan Academy based on your PSAT scores from last year. If not, you can still go to Khan Academy, create a FREE account and begin PSAT / SAT prep.
PATHWAYS & CEO STUDENTS:
If you have a college class during the PSAT time and really want to take the PSAT, it is your responsibility to communicate with your instructor about the potential absence ahead of time.
Please let me know if you have any questions at all.