Oregon Smarter Balanced State Assessment to all juniors& seniors who have outstanding requirements. No school for all other CMC College Prep Students. See letter attached
- Oregon Smarter Balanced State Assessment to all juniors& seniors who have outstanding requirements. No school for all other CMC College Prep Students. See letter attached
April 20, 2022
Clackamas Middle College Community,
This letter is to notify you of important upcoming dates to help complete important graduation requirements. On Friday, May 6th, we will be administering the Oregon Smarter Balanced State Assessment to all juniors enrolled in Clackamas Middle College. Seniors who have any outstanding requirements to date are encouraged to attend as well. All other students in our College Prep Program are not required to attend school on this day.
We will begin with the math and science assessments in the morning followed by the English/language arts (ELA) assessment in the afternoon on Friday, May 6th. Juniors are required to take both tests as evidence of their proficiency toward the “Essential Skills” graduation requirement. These assessments will also show the level of effectiveness of our instructional programs and how they connect to state standards.
Administering this test on Friday, May 6th, allows us to ensure:
· Fair and equitable testing for each student
· Standardized test administration so that the testing environment is similar for all students
· Test security and student confidentiality practices
· Test validity and accuracy
· Efficiency to minimize the burden for students, teachers, and school test coordinators
If you are a junior in any of our programs at CMC, plan on being here for the full day from 8:50am-2:50pm on Friday, May 6th. Prior to the first assessment, we will be providing breakfast snacks and beverages. We also will be providing lunch to those who are interested prior to our testing in the afternoon. We believe this will help all our juniors perform to the best of their ability.
Thank you for your understanding and patience on this day as we prepare to wrap up another school year!