PSAT Day for 11th - 1/2 day schedule - 9am-1pm
- PSAT Day for 11th - 1/2 day schedule - 9am-1pm
- 10/13/2021, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
For interested juniors (11th grade), CMC will be administering the Preliminary SAT (PSAT) at CMC from 9:00am-1:00pm on this day. The test fees will be covered by Clackamas Middle College, and we will provide breakfast snacks and beverages (juices, water etc.) for juniors participating in this event. The PSAT test will provide students, teachers and parents with information about students’ readiness for college or advanced coursework, possible career options, and major fields of study to consider.
The PSAT measures the skills students have developed over the course of their education and provides several benefits to students. The PSAT can:
- Predict the success of students on college entrance exams
- Identify students with high potential to excel in advanced placement (AP) or other honors courses
- Provide each student taking the assessment a career assessment and online exploration of colleges and career opportunities
- Compare scores with national averages
To accommodate these testing opportunities, Wednesday, October 13th will be a special day at CMC.
- All freshman, sophomores, and seniors will have asynchronous activities via virtual sessions on this day, and do not need to attend school on October 13th for testing. Virtual links will be shared with students, the morning of October 13th.
- Juniors are encouraged to attend school on October 13th for testing. *(Buses will be on a regular schedule in the morning and pick students up at CMC at 1:00pm)
- Sophomores, juniors and seniors who are in the Pathways and CEO Programs will be expected to attend all college courses
On October 13th, normal transportation options will be provided for students, along with breakfast, snacks and beverages. Interested juniors should arrive to CMC at 9:00am. The testing will last approximately 3-4 hours. After testing, buses will pick up juniors around 1:00pm and take them to their boundary high school where they will catch their regular buses home.
- College and Career Awareness Day-21.pdf 247.03 KB